Opportunity

Although the Lord give you the bread of adversity and the water of affliction, your teachers will be hidden no more; with your own eyes you will see them. Whether you turn to the right or to the left, your ears will hear a voice behind you, saying, "This is the way; walk in it." -Isaiah 30:20-21


This morning I awoke to peace in my heart and the Lord on my mind.  I had an appointment with the radiologist today and my nerves were at peace. I decided to take a few moments before the chaos of the day woke up, to read my Jesus Calling book and todays scripture.
This is what it said:
December 18-
When you are plagued by a persistent problem- one that goes on and on- view it as a rich opportunity. An ongoing problem is like a tutor who is always by your side. The learning possibilities are limited only by your willingness to be teachable. In faith, thank Me for your problem. Ask Me to open your eyes and your heart to all that I am accomplishing through this difficulty. Once you have become grateful for a problem, it loses its power to drag you down. On the contrary, your thankful attitude will lift you up into heavenly places with Me. From this perspective, your difficulty can be seen as a slight, temporary distress that is producing for you a transcendent Glory never to cease!!!

Ironic. I dropped to my knees to pray. I am so grateful for that first journey. Not only did I grow in my faith and my relationship with God, my relationships here were strengthened beyond what I ever thought could be possible. I met new friends that I consider some of my best friends. As my old friends remain people I will never let go of. Then the day played out to be an amazingly incredible day. I saw Gods plans that day and how he works.

Stopped at Target on the way home, and while shopping the nurse from my oncologist called me back. I left my number but forgot to leave my name. I had gotten clearance from my handsome dentist, that I absolutely adore, to start the bone strengthening infusions. I told her that I was waiting on the test results about me being either HER2 + or -.
She said, "here in your files it says you are negative". I think I must have asked her a billion times if she was sure. (I even called back to have her read it to me again)
Well that was a blessing!!! No Chemo! Praise Jesus!
Next on to the radiologist appt.
It was amazing. He was very confident and I felt good about what the results would be. He wanted to start on Sunday. My birthday. He said lets get you in before Christmas so that you will start healing and feeling better.
O.K. on to the first of the treatments.
All in all, the day was pretty incredible. Positive testing results, getting started right away on treatment, Today I felt blessed with an opportunity to fight this again, and I actually believe there is a light at the end of the tunnel.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Oncology meeting

Out of surgery !!

Waiting....