Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Chemo treatment #1

I wrote the first part yesterday, but was so tired that I couldn't post it. Way too tired...
(yesterday) So today was the day. I am very tired. I have to say that I think that it is a combination of just getting back from a trip an being hit with a flat head shovel. Little headache and a gurgley tummy and I kinda feel like I am floating through the motions of eating, rocking the baby, reading books and doing homework with the kids. I am calm and it is truly incredible how quickly your coloring changes. I look like I don't feel good and Josh is more worried now to leave me alone. I think it is my coloring.

I got there this am after getting the big kids off to Tera's to take them to school and Lennox to Kristy's for some play time with their two year old. Thanks you all for your help. They started with two medicines that helped with nausea( about 1 hour no reaction, felt nothing). Accessing the port was a piece of cake. Then they had to pump in the (the A) Adriamycin through using 3 syringes. (2030 minutes) It is bright red, and actually turns your pee red.  kinda weird!! I ate ice so the A wouldn't cause mouth sores. I love hospital ice, it reminds me of Taco Bell ice.  I don't remember the last time I had taco bell. Yuck it sounds terrible, right now!! Then the 'C' Cytoxin. (This took about 45 min to an 1 hour) They said that sometimes you get a sinus headache and a burning sensation in your nose. I didn't. It was slightly burning but more like I just needed to sneeze. Didn't bother me.

I felt pretty crappy yesterday. I think it was because I was so tired and then knocked down again. Today better. I had my nulastin shot this morning so I may be sore the next couple of days. But if this is how I feel the next couple days, I can handle this..... Im gonna take a quick nap before I pick up Chaz....until later

1 comment:

  1. Sending hugs and prayers! I am there in spirit and wish I could take on some of the stress, tiredness, reading stories, homework, etc for you!