update...

It is getting harder to write everyday only because I am getting back into the swing of things. Less down time. Music class, dr. appts.... Valentine's day etc.. Thanks Gma Bonnie for sending Valentine's that helped sooo much!!I don't know how one would handle cancer and a job. Cancer is a job.... Thank you God for allowing me to have this time to take care of myself and my family.

 I did get a call from (Leslie's friend's, husband..I love saying stuff like that) who is an oncologist and I called him yesterday, 1 hour later he called me back!! As well as tried and get me in a day later!! Wow!! The blessings that I have encountered during this process have been crazy amazing!!! Yes of course I will! So really my second opinion will happen first. Maybe he is my first choice??? We will see.....

I am still kinda swollen under my armpits and it is worrying me a little, but I also know it is going to take a little longer then I am used to heal on that side. I have a call in to the nurse to see if there is something that I need to do. The more I read into things the more I really think that all of the progesterone that I needed to hold on to my baby in, played a role in this cancer thing. Coupled with the hormonal ups and downs of multiple miscarriages. I don't know but, all that I have been led to read lately, mentions it. "Progesterone this and progesterone that...." If so, if that is what caused all of this, and all I am getting ready to do??? It is all been well worth it. Wouldn't change a thing. Kinda like that perspective...

I also went a got my post surgical tanks/bras. They are comfy, as comfy as they could be with these damn incisions. They are annoying!!! I feel them ALL the time. Will there be a day when I don't feel my chest??? Of course, just not any day soon. Showering is still a challenge and somewhat depressing, but I get to shower!!! One of the most wonderful feelings ever!!! I smell normal again.(For those who don't know how self conscious I am about smelling...now you know. I am constantly worried about smelling.)

Heather's visit was awesome! We didn't really do a whole lot, which was exactly what I needed. I would recommend anyone going through this to have your family to come initially. You know when you aren't feeling good the best person to have by your side is your mommy(rubbing your feet while you fall asleep, allowing you to curse at her when it hurts,(sorry mom) help you bathe, or intercept the munchkins),  and your sister (providing you her PT expertise, and being the best auntie ever, as well as intercepting the baby, running kids here and there and asking important questions at my appts. !!) . They care for you when you are healing, then having your friends visit to help you continue to heal(letting you sleep in, late nights googling stuff, and giggling in bed, as well as, making you her chicken salad that is your all time favorite). I thank God for it working out the way it did because it was perfect. I have really enjoyed having all of them for making me feel at home when I am not.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Oncology meeting

Out of surgery !!

Waiting....