The Beginning....

Wow! Never in my wildest dreams would I have thought that "Breast Cancer" was in my future, and however it may have come to me it is here. Now it is time to face the demon that will not take me away from my family, or future goals. I will start from the beginning and give you bit-by-bit details about this journey for me.  It may be helpful for me to release some of this toxic information and learn to fight harder, but it will also keep all those who have been so wonderful in this crazy journey up to date. I also want my kids to know what happened and all I know now. (I know that I won't have this amazing memory when I am older so I need to write it down now!!!)  I will try to post often and let you know how it's going. Good or bad, take it for what it is; a journey.

                                    "Journey: an act of traveling from one place to another."

I found a lump in my left breast two months after I finished breast feeding my baby girl Lennox. (Sept. 2013) She was turning 8 months and I was "running on empty" to say the least. I was also blessed to be going to Switzerland with my husband and his work and there is no way I was going to pumping throughout the trip!! (Let's be honest!!) I didn't think much of it at the time, maybe a clogged duct that was SLOWLY drying up, or maybe some kind of infection. Either way I kept an eye on it.  We then found out that there was an opportunity that we couldn't pass up with my husband's job and we were moving to Oklahoma. WHIRL-WIND!!! By the time all was said and done, I had gone to Rome, then two weeks later moved to where my man, rock, my babies-daddy, had been living for months without us.  But....the day before I left I knew I needed to see if I could get into my doctor in CO.  I went in and they wrote me a script for an ultrasound and a mammogram.  (They call this a diagnostic.)

Once I finally got in to get my mammogram, and my ultrasound, (Dec. 16, 2013) I was laying on the table when the Radiologist came in to look at the ultrasound.   "You are going to need a biopsy, this looks suspicious. Who is your doctor?"
"I don't have a doctor here. We moved here the beginning of November."
"Ok, here is your new doctor."
At this point I left it up to God to guide me to the right doctor. I was freaking out!!!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Oncology meeting

Waiting....

Out of surgery !!